Theme builders allow you to create custom WordPress websites exactly the way you envision it, without any coding headache.
No more settling for pre-made themes that just don’t cut it, it’s time to take control and make your mark. Theme builders offer the best of both worlds – the themes’ ready-made infrastructure plus flexible designing capabilities.
Whether you’re launching an online store, creative portfolio, or blog site, theme builders have got you covered.
In this guide, we will explore the best theme builders for WordPress available in the market right now and try to find the perfect one for you.
Let’s start with some basics. If you’re already familiar with them, you can jump straight to the review section.
Why Use a Theme Builder in WordPress?
Ever felt frustrated with the limitations of pre-designed WordPress themes? Yeah, I’ve been there too.
I used to fiddle with code just to get simple design customizations. It was boring and tiresome. All that effort for some minor styling tweaks? There had to be a better way.
Enter WordPress theme builders. These drag-and-drop tools are a gift for design control without coding headaches. They make creating beautiful, customized sites easy.
You get to build your desired website, your way, minus the pain.
Unlike traditional themes, these tools empower you to customize every nook and cranny of your website without diving into complex code.
But wait, isn’t that what Page Builders do? Ah, good question.
In the next section, we’re going to dissect the differences between WordPress Theme Builders and Page Builders, so you can understand the subtle difference between them.
WordPress Theme Builders vs Page Builders
So how exactly are theme builders different from page builders? I used to confuse the two all the time. Not anymore.
Page Builders focus on crafting individual pages. It’s fantastic for creating stunning layouts and designing eye-catching content but might leave you wanting more when it comes to shaping the entire theme.
On the flip side, Theme Builders step up the game. They give you the ultimate flexibility, allowing customization not just at the page level but across your entire website.
So, Theme builders allow you to customize your entire site’s look and feel. We’re talking intuitive controls for headers, footers, archives, blog pages—everything. Page builders simply target specific pages.
Another key difference? Theme builders work seamlessly with themes. Page builder functionality can sometimes break with theme changes.
The bottom line?
Theme builders give complete, site-wide design flexibility. Page builders offer modular controls for distinct pages. Pick theme builders if customizing overall site appearance matters to you.
Things to Consider when Choosing a WordPress Theme Builder
Let’s break down what separates the contenders from the pretenders.
Ease of Use
No one wants a tool that feels like rocket science. Your Theme Builder should be intuitive, user-friendly, and let you flex your creative muscles without wrestling with a manual.
Imagine finding the perfect Theme Builder only to discover it’s a square peg for your round-hole plugins. Make sure your chosen builder plays well with your favorite WordPress plugins, ensuring a seamless integration experience.
Evaluate how much control the Theme Builder offers for the entire site design. The more you can customize, the better.
Support and Updates
Your Theme Builder should have a dedicated support system and regular updates to stay in sync with the ever-changing WordPress ecosystem.
Your ideal Theme Builder should offer a palette of features like customizable headers, footers, layouts, and more.
Speed matters. A sluggish website is a turn-off. Your Theme Builder should be optimized for performance, ensuring your site loads faster than a cat video on the internet.
Integration with Third-Party Tools
Your Theme Builder should dance harmoniously with other tools. Check if it plays well with your favorite plugins, SEO tools, and analytics platforms.
Cost and Value
Budgets matter, and so does value for money. Assess the pricing structure of your Theme Builder – is it a one-time fee, a subscription, or a freemium model? Ensure you’re getting the most value for your buck without any hidden surprises.
7 Best Theme Builders for WordPress
Now that we are well equipped with the basics, let’s explore the top contenders in the space based on the factors discussed above:
1. Elementor’s Theme Builder
Elementor offers one of the best theme builders for wordpress. Elementor’s theme builder stands out with its intuitive drag-and-drop editor, making website customization a breeze. It offers an extensive template library, allowing you to kickstart your design journey effortlessly.
I like the flexibility of creating unlimited custom templates for different parts of a theme such as header, footer, single blog post or page, etc.
- You can manage all of the templates from one interface.
- You’ll get a visual, drag-and-drop editor for seamless customization.
- Offers an extensive template library for quick and stunning designs.
- Plenty of theme styling options for comprehensive control.
- Popup builder for designing interactive popup elements.
- WooCommerce integration for effortless online store creation.
Elementor Pro comes with four different subscription plans.
- Essential: $59/year (1 site)
- Advanced: $99/year (up to 3 sites)
- Expert: $199/year (up to 25 sites)
- Agency: $399/year (up to 1000 sites)
2. Thrive Theme Builder
Thrive Theme Builder focuses on conversion-centric design, offering a drag-and-drop builder with smart color technology for impactful and brand-consistent websites.
This one is a theme builder for marketers who want to set-up a website for marketing needs. By default, you’ll start with the Shapeshift base theme and then proceed from there.
- Marketing-focused design elements for maximum impact.
- Intuitive drag-and-drop builder for easy customization.
- Beginner-friendly setup wizard to get you started with a baseline template.
- Smart color technology for consistent branding.
- Shapeshift theme for versatile layouts.
- Advanced customization options for headers and footers.
- All the pages, elements, and features are fully responsive out-of-the-box.
Thrive Theme Builder is available for purchase either quarterly or yearly with identical features.
- Thrive Suite Quarterly: $149
- Thrive Suite Yearly: $299
SeedProd‘s strength lies in its drag-and-drop landing page builder and custom theme builder. With seamless integration with popular email marketing tools, it’s a go-to theme builder for engaging landing pages.
- Pre-built themes, 200+ templates, and 90+ pro blocks for ultimate design freedom.
- Customizable page sections and layouts.
- Integration with popular email marketing tools.
- Built-in pages for “Coming Soon” and “Maintenance” page types..
- Mobile-responsive and SEO-optimized designs for a seamless experience.
SeedProd is available with four different subscription plans.
- Basic: $39.50/year
- Plus: $99.50/year
- Pro: $199.50/year
- Elite: $239.60/year
4. Brizy’s Theme Builder
We all know Brizy as a WordPress page builder, but now it also offers theme building features. Brizy’s Theme Builder distinguishes itself with a user-friendly interface and real-time editing capabilities. It offers global styling options and dynamic content features for a personalized and dynamic website.
When it comes to freebies, Brizy is one of the best theme builders for WordPress enthusiasts like you.
- User-friendly interface with real-time editing feature.
- Global styling for consistent design across the site.
- You’ll get 3 different viewports in the WordPress template builder to design for different devices.
- You can set Display Conditions in the WordPress theme creator section to make blocks appear automatically.
- Brizy Pro offers dynamic elements that you can use to edit and customize all areas of WordPress CMS.
- Integrated cloud service
Brizy Pro offers four premium plans along with a forever free plan.
- Personal: $13 /month (for 1 website)
- Freelancer: $39 /month (for 5 websites)
- Agency: $69 /month (for 10 websites)
- White Label: $89 /month (for 10 websites)
You can also get it at a cheaper rate if you use their WordPress plugin and host it yourself.
5. Divi Theme Builder
Divi is renowned for its visual builder and an extensive library of pre-made layouts. With customization options for headers, footers, and more, Divi provides a flexible canvas for your creative visions.
- It’s a combo of a theme and a page builder.
- A vast library of full-site template kits and pre-made layouts and elements.
- Edit any part of the Divi theme including headers, footers, category pages, product templates, blog post templates, and more.
- You can assign the custom design to specific parts of your website after creating a new theme builder template.
- It has a marketplace of third-party extensions that offers more features.
You can pay yearly for Divi or purchase it for lifetime with a single payment. Yearly plans are:
- Divi: $89
- Divi Pro: $287
Lifetime plans are:
- Divi Lifetime: $249
- Divi Pro + Lifetime: $365
6. Beaver Themer
Beaver Builder is a renown WordPress page builder plugin. Beaver Themer is an add-on for Beaver builder that offers a front-end drag-and-drop editor with responsive and SEO-friendly layouts. With an easy-to-use theme customizer, it ensures a seamless design experience.
- Works seamlessly with Beaver Builder to offer theme customization features.
- Create unlimited templates.
- Visual, drag-and-drop editor for intuitive design.
- Create custom layout parts to insert below or above headers, footers, or the content area.
In order to use the theme builder option with Beaver Builder, you’ll have to purchase both the Beaver Builder pro version and the premium Beaver Themer add-on. The add-on is priced at $147 per year for unlimited sites. The Beaver Builder has four different pricing plans to use for unlimited websites:
- Standard: $99/year
- Pro: $199/year
- Agency: $399
- Ultimate: $546
7. Oxygen Theme Builder
Oxygen boasts a powerful visual editor, flexible templates, and compatibility with popular WordPress plugins. It provides intricate design capabilities for those who want fine-tuned control.
Oxygen offers theme building features with an installable plugin.
- Oxygen theme builder plugin completely replaces your WordPress theme.
- It produces lightweight websites with clean codes.
- Flexible template and design elements.
- You can easily insert dynamic content into native WordPress custom fields.
- It allows you to build custom blocks with the help of the block editor integration.
- Conditional logic allows you to display/hide content in a dynamic way.
Oxygen builder only offers lifetime access. You’ll get three plans:
- Basic: $129 (one time payment)
- WooCo: $149 (one time payment)
- Ultimate: $179 (one time payment)
I hope now you have a sound knowledge about the best theme builders for WordPress that are available for you to try.
Theme builders speed up custom site designing tremendously versus starting from scratch. Compared to page builders, they enable complete control over site-wide styling.
Hopefully the detailed comparison gives you clarity in choosing your best fit! Theme builders open a world of designing possibilities. Choose wisely, and let your digital empire rise.
FAQs on WordPress Theme Builders
What is the easiest WordPress theme builder for beginners?
For anyone just starting out, Elementor’s Theme Builder strikes the best balance. Its intuitive drag-and-drop interface is unmatched. Coupled with stellar documentation, it’s tough to beat.
Which WordPress theme builder has the most design flexibility?
Elementor Pro and Divi top the charts here. They enable customizing virtually every aspect imaginable site-wide. Options may seem intimidating initially but will enhance your creativity over time.
Do I still need a WordPress theme if I use a theme builder?
Absolutely! Theme builders perfectly complement themes instead of replacing them. The theme controls overall site structure and settings. The builder enables you to style layouts to your liking without coding.
Which Theme Builder is best for WordPress?
The truth is, the “best” depends on your unique needs. Elementor Pro shines with its extensive library, Thrive Theme Builder focuses on marketing and conversions, Brizy Pro offers user-friendly real-time editing, Divi boasts a visual builder and vast layouts, and Beaver Builder excels with an intuitive drag-and-drop editor. The true champion? The one aligning with your vision!
Which is better: Elementor or Divi?
Elementor will get my vote as the better option compared to Divi, all things considered.
Which is the best free theme builder for WordPress?
Brizy offers a free forever plan to use their theme builder so Brizy is the best free theme builder for WordPress. However, the free version will come with very limited features that might not cut your design needs. So, it’s best to go for a paid plan to enjoy the ultimate design experience.