Are you terrified of seeing the number of visitors on your site getting lower by the minute? It’s a huge problem that may occur for a lot of reasons and your sites’ header is one of them.
You can find a simple solution to end this issue by creating stunning WordPress headers with Elementor. A header that catches the eyes of visitors in the first look will surely drive more traffic to your site.
In this article, I will take you through the process of creating stunning WordPress headers with Elementor for your site step-by-step though you have no coding skills.
Why a stunning header is so important?
The design of your website determines how long visitors will stay on your site. Moreover, it determines the impression they will have about the website even before reading its content. Particularly, a well-done header and footer can give a favorable impression and increase user retention.
For example, a navigation menu or a search bar will enable your users to find what they need from your site. Meanwhile, adding social media buttons will encourage them to share your content.
A website header is the upper area of your webpage. It is the vital point of your website. The header usually keeps consistency throughout your site. Users generally browse sites and look at the upper side AKA header of a site first.
By creating stunning WordPress headers with Elementor attractively, it will draw your user’s attention and they will be impressed, then they will keep scrolling to the rest of your site through the header. The header increases conversion rates following these-
- Promotes the brand identity of your business.
- Incorporates elements like the company logo, typography, colors, and the overall brand language.
- Contains functional options like site navigation, site search, a shopping cart (for sales sites), CTA buttons, and other functions.
Why select Elementor?
If you don’t have any idea of coding, then Elementor page builder will be the best choice for you. Because Elementor is a free WordPress page builder that comes with a drag-and-drop option and excellent design features. You can create amazing and effective designs with this. The surprising fact is, 12M+ live websites are using Elementor.
Most WordPress users prefer Elementor to customize web pages. It is one of the best tools to design, edit, customize, and more on the webpage. Moreover, Elementor includes essential add-ons that help you to customize your website easily.
Reasons to choose Elementor page builder:
- It is easy to use
- You can design with the live site
- Mobile editing facility
- Essential widgets to customize
- Visual and inborn form builder
- Undo/redo and revision history
- Global widgets, Custom fonts
The requirement for creating stunning WordPress headers with Elementor:
Elementor free and pro both are stacked with exceptionally valuable highlights. Elementor pro will be a remarkable expansion to your toolbox if you run a WordPress website and develop websites all the time.
Before you think of creating stunning WordPress headers with Elementor, you must keep these two things in mind:
- You have to install the Elementor page builder free version.
- Then, you have to upgrade to Elementor pro.
I assume that you have already installed the free and pro version of Elementor. The installation process of Elementor free is as same as other plugins.
Process of creating stunning WordPress headers with Elementor:
Now, Let’s go through the process of creating stunning WordPress headers with Elementor in 7 easy steps. In this section, we will show how you can create or design an amazing header for your website step by step.
List of the steps for creating stunning WordPress headers with Elementor:
- Step-1: Create a blank header
- Step-2: Setting Up The General Layout
- Step-3: Adding a Logo
- Step-4: Adding a Menu
- Step-5: Adding a Search Field
- Step-6: Add other Extra Elements
- Step-7: Publish your header
Let’s dive deep!
1. Step-1: Create a blank header
Before creating a blank header, follow these for creating stunning WordPress headers with Elementor:
Go to Templates > Themes Builder > Add New
A pop-up will appear where you are asked to select whatever you want to get.
Then, select Header because you want to create a header.
Elementor will show you many free templates and blocks. You can also save your favorite template.
2. Step-2: Setting Up The General Layout
To create a custom header, you have to decide what type of layout you need.
- To start with, click on the + button.
- Click on the main customization button of your header part to edit the Layout section in the sidebar.
- And then pick the structure you want.
Note: We used the marked layout in the above image for creating the header.
3. Step-3: Adding a Logo
This is a very simple step. You can add a logo very easily in two ways:
- Go to Dashboard > Appearance > Customize > Site Identity
- After that, choose the logo and set it on the header.
B. Select the Site Logo block in the sidebar. Drag it where you want to use it.
→ Finally, it will fetch your actual logo automatically after dragging ‘Site Logo’ to the dotted area.
→ In this setting, you can choose how the logo should look like when you click, and also you can adjust its size and alignment here.
→ You can do a lot of things using the ‘Style’ and ‘Advanced’ options.
4. Step-4: Adding a Menu
- Select the ‘Nav Menu’ widget from the left sidebar. Drag it to the header area.
- It will adjust the menu that you have created.
Here are the important things you should know about.
- Menu: Select the menu you want to feature. You can choose from Appearance > Menus.
- Layout: You will get Horizontal, Vertical, or Dropdown.
- Align: Left, center, right, or stretch to fill the entire available area.
- Pointer: How you like to mark the active link.
- Animation: How you like the pointer to look like.
5. Step-5: Adding a Search Field
You simply need to select the search widget if you want to add the search field, and you can drag where you want to set it.
You will get these in this section:
- Skin:- You will get Classic, Minimal, Full Screen.
- Placeholder:- You can leave this section, or keep something like ‘search’ there.
- Alignment, Size:- You align the search box from here.
6. Step-6: Add other Extra Elements
If you want to make your header rewarding in creating stunning WordPress headers with Elementor, you can add a widget from the left side of your screen. You can experiment with these widgets to get amazing effects. You can search for whatever you want.
In the process of creating stunning WordPress headers with Elementor, you can add social icons, page header text, and more using these additional widgets.
7. Step-7: Publish your header
Almost done! Now you just have one more step to complete creating stunning WordPress headers with Elementor and you are ready to rock with your new header. It’s time to publish the header you have just created!
This is the most important part indeed! You have to be very careful with your desired header after creating stunning WordPress headers with Elementor.
- To apply this, click on the ‘PUBLISH’ button on the left side of the footer. A popup will appear asking you where to show your new header.
In creating stunning WordPress headers with Elementor process, display conditions mean where you want to show the header in your WordPress website.
There are three options:
- Entire Site: The header will show up on all the pages and all the blog posts of your website if you select this.
- Archives: You can show the header in a particular archived page or post if you select this option.
- Singular: If you select this option, you can show the header on a specific page, category or post.
This targeted display option in creating stunning WordPress headers with Elementor is one of the most powerful things. You can use this to create custom pages, posts, and even landing pages within your WordPress Website.
- The basic condition for this section is to select ‘Entire Site’, then hit the ‘SAVE & CLOSE’ button.
Congratulations! At last, you have finished creating stunning WordPress headers with Elementor and your header part is ready. It will attract visitors and drive more of them.
Following these above steps, you can easily proceed creating stunning WordPress headers with Elementor, design and customize your own header for your website as you wish and drive more visitors to it.
I have clearly demonstrated an easy way of creating stunning WordPress headers with Elementor to you so that you can create your own site header without hassle. You don’t even have to use codes or hire a web developer to do this.
Feel free and go ahead creating stunning WordPress headers with Elementor for your own site header!
Thank you for reading this article patiently. Keep in touch. Have a nice day!